Grandfather’s outdoor wonders provide real-world lessons to children and youth about concepts learned in a classroom. We offer citizen science experiences beyond what students find on Google – either during field trips to the mountain or mobile programs brought to your classroom.
- One hour programs tailored to state curriculum standards for your grade level.
- Shuttles available to Swinging Bridge upon request at time of booking.
- Grandfather Mountain’s vehicle fleet includes a 12-seat shuttle that has a 1,000 lb. Braun Lift and accommodates an additional two people in wheelchairs. When booking your group visit with the group tour coordinator, please specify if your group has any accessibility needs so the proper transportation can be arranged.
- If all or part of your program is not able to be held inside during inclement weather, we can offer a different program to better suit the weather.
- Habitat Tours are offered for all ages and are tailored to be grade-level appropriate.
- Read much more at: Planning a Group Visit