Grandfather’s outdoor wonders provide real-world lessons to children and youth about concepts learned in a classroom. We offer citizen science experiences beyond what students find on Google – either during field trips to the mountain or mobile programs brought to your classroom.
- One hour programs tailored to state curriculum standards for your grade level.
- Shuttles available to Swinging Bridge upon request at time of booking.
- If all or part of your program is not able to be held inside during inclement weather, we can offer a different program to better suit the weather.
- Habitat Tours are offered for all ages and are tailored to be grade-level appropriate.
- Read much more at: Planning a Group Visit
Special Programs for Local Schools
Wild Watch: This program began in 2020 to engage every first-grader in Avery County throughout the academic year with hands-on, experiential learning, including in-class visits from Grandfather Mountain educators and in-park field trips for the students. Read more.
Eco Watch: This educational outreach program puts one of the mountain’s educators in the classroom of fifth graders in Avery County and brings the kids to the mountain itself for a unique, hands-on educational experience.