Join Our Team: Job Openings
Are you looking for a “top of the world” place to work? As we continue to expand and welcome more visitors each year from around the world, we are searching for passionate staff members to care for and share Grandfather Mountain’s natural beauty and resources.
All staff members of our non-profit Grandfather Mountain Stewardship Foundation share a common bond of being 100% committed to the mountain we work on and 100% dedicated to making sure guests are able to create their own mountain adventure, no matter how big or small.
Why Join Our Team? Mile-High Job Perks:
- Never tire of the aww-inspiring views from a natural wonder. Meet visitors from around the world.
- Work at a place filled with rich history – natural and cultural. There’s never a dull day on Grandfather.
- Coworkers include some on the wild side: bears, eagles, otters, cougars, elk and more.
- Enjoy a friendly, family environment with competitive pay, along with career growth.
- Get free admission to approximately 20 area attractions, including Biltmore and Gatlinburg destinations.
- Take advantage of employee discounts in the mountain’s shops and restaurant.
- Receive free admission to the park during off-duty hours to enjoy all the many things to do!
- Be part of the new Wilson Center for Nature Discovery.
- Work for a cause — our nonprofit has a mission of inspiring conservation of the natural world. Read about the Foundation.
Current Job Openings: Hiring Now for the 2024 Season!
Join the Grandfather Mountain welcoming committee! Meet and greet guests as they arrive at the park, ensuring their visit will be mountains of fun.
- Seasonal Ticket Attendant – Greet guests, process reservations and arrivals, answer any and all park-related questions and exemplify customer service as a member of Grandfather Mountain’s celebrated frontline team. Seasonal, March through October. Read full description: Seasonal Ticket Attendant
The Wilson Center for Nature Discovery is the jewel of Grandfather Mountain’s Conservation Campus. Join our facilities team to become a steward of this special space with exhibits, theater and an event space.
- Facilities Support Staff – Work closely with our Facilities Coordinator in the preparation and presentation of the Wilson Center for Nature Discovery. Seasonal, April through October. Read full description: Facilities Support Staff
Food & Beverage
Got an appetite for customer service? Join our food and beverage team!
- Seasonal Food & Beverage Employee – Assist in Mildred’s Grill general food service, including preparation, cooking, cashier, clean-up, customer service and more. Seasonal, March through October. Read full description: Food & Beverage Employee
Provide care for Grandfather’s resident habitat and educational animals, and lead various habitat tours and programs for visitors.
- Animal Habitat Keeper 1 – Provide care for Grandfather’s animals, including feeding the animals, cleaning up after the animals, providing habitat maintenance and monitoring the animals’ health and behavior. Also assists with events and works with the public. Seasonal position 1: early March through early November. Seasonal position 2: mid-May through mid-August. Read full description: Animal Habitat Keeper 1
Become a dedicated steward of Grandfather Mountain, ensuring the park remains in peak condition.
- Facility Maintenance Technician – Perform tasks and assignments pertaining to park maintenance, including grounds-keeping. Year-round position. Read full description: Facility Maintenance Technician
- Facility Maintenance Technician – Perform tasks and assignments pertaining to park maintenance, including grounds-keeping. Seasonal, April – October. Read full description: Facility Maintenance Technician
- Janitorial Staff – Keep the park and its facilities in top condition for guests and your fellow employees. Includes cleaning, trash removal, organizing cleaning supplies and other tasks. Year-round position. Read full description: Janitorial Staff
Natural Resource Management
Preserve Grandfather Mountain for future generations, protect native species, defend against invasive ones and maintain the mountain’s trail system.
- Resource Management Technician – Inspire park visitors by providing unparalleled hiking opportunities and educating guests. Assist in the maintenance and patrol of the park’s many miles of trails and ladder systems. Seasonal, March – November. Read full description: Resource Management Technician
Park Support/Operations/Special Projects
Want to join a team that can move mountains? Our park support team assists in the day-to-day tasks that keep Grandfather Mountain running.
- Park Support Staff – Support the day-today operations and safety functions of Grandfather Mountain, including shuttle transportation services for guests, groups and more. Read full description: Park Support Staff
- Bus Driver – Provide bus transportation services for group visits and special events, as well as monitor equipment and perform limited maintenance. Read full description: Bus Driver
- Construction Laborer – Get your hands dirty (literally!) and assist with special construction projects on the mountain. Seasonal. Read full description: Construction Laborer
Help Grandfather Mountain’s hundreds of thousands of guests make memories for a lifetime with the perfect souvenir.
- Assistant Retail Manager – Supervise the in-stock condition of the sales floor of both of the two gift shops in the park, Wilson Center and Top Shop. Duties also include working as a cashier as needed, serving as a customer service mentor to all cashiers and assisting the retail manager with scheduling needs, expense control, loss prevention and annual inventory preparation. Year-round position. Read full description: Assistant Retail Manager
- Retail Cashier Associate – Work in one of the park’s two gift shops, Wilson Center and Top Shop, or sometimes both! Duties include cashier, inventory, customer service and more. Seasonal, March through October. Read full description: Retail Cashier Associate
Typically, supervisors begin reviewing applications for seasonal employment in January and February to have staff in place by mid-February or March, though this can differ by department. You are welcome to send in an application at any time of the year, as needs may change during the course of the season. Most seasonal jobs begin in March and end in mid-November. We welcome both high school and college students.
Learn more about our seasonal volunteer program here.
Where are we?
The entrance to Grandfather Mountain is located on U.S. 221, two miles north of Linville, North Carolina, and one mile south of the Blue Ridge Parkway at Milepost 305. We are located high in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Avery County, 18 miles from Boone & Appalachian State University and 10 miles from Banner Elk and Lees-McRae College. Get driving directions.
To apply for a position with the restaurant, gift shops, ticket gate or maintenance staff, please complete our online application. For more information, call Kim Rupard at (828) 733-2013 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Grandfather Mountain Stewardship Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or age. Read more about the Foundation.
Offers of employment are contingent upon the satisfactory outcome of a criminal background check.
Meet some of our staff members in this video: