Fanny May was born in February of 2017. In spring of 2021, at about four years of age, Fanny May came to Grandfather Mountain to live in the animal habitats. It was immediately obvious to her new Keepers that Fanny was going to be a very special bear. Fanny is very intelligent, quickly learning how to sit properly on a scale for her monthly weight checks, and is very happy to participate in her training sessions, where she is getting fun treats while learning how to help her Keepers take care of her.
Fanny really enjoys playing in her pond, rubbing herself all over fun scents such as Old Spice and musky perfumes, and playing with all her fun toys. Some of her favorite toys are cardboard boxes because she can destroy them, big zoo balls, and her puzzle feeders filled with treats. Treats that she loves are grapes, dried fruit, fresh peaches, peanut butter and honey.
Adopt at any level and know your animal—and you—will be well cared for. Celebrating a birthday or special occasion? Adoptions make great gifts, too.
- Certificate of Adoption
- 5×7 photograph with description of adopted animal
- Grandfather Mountain eNewsletter subscription
- Tax deductible amount $25
Includes everything from the $25 level plus:
- Plush animal
- Photo upgrade to 8×10 size
- Tax deductible amount $37
Includes everything from the $50 level, plus:
- Cast of animal footprint
- 2 adult day passes to the park
- Tax deductible amount $38
Includes everything from the $100 level, plus:
- Pass upgrade with 6 adult day passes to the park instead of 2
- Tax deductible amount $129
Includes everything from the $250 level, plus:
- Behind-the-scenes group tour for 6
- A visit with your animal!
- Tax deductible amount $229