Oct. 27 – Another clear morning at Grandfather Mountain, but we expect clouds to gather and temperatures to fall during the day. There is a wintry mix in the forecast for Friday. The precipitation should clear Saturday morning for our Beary Scary Halloween celebration, but be certain your kids are bundled up in their costumes because it will be COLD. If you want to visit Grandfather after dark for the first ever Bonfire Bash, call 828-733-8715 to make you reservations soon and plan for temperatures below freezing! It will be a COLD, SPOOKY night on the mountain!
The best route for leaf-looking continues to be the Blue Ridge Parkway from Cherokee to Virginia – but the trees with the most color will be below 3,000 feet.
Other colorful routes are:
- US 221 from Marion to Linville Falls
- US 321 from Hickory to Blowing Rock and Boone to Elizabethton, TN
- US 421 from North Wilkesboro to Boone and Boone to Mountain City, TN
- NC 181 from Morganton to Jonas Ridge
- US 19E from Elizabethton, TN to Elk Park.