BLOWING ROCK, N.C. — Chetola Resort once again greets the holidays with its drive-through tour of the Festival of Lights. The free display includes close to 30,000 lights throughout the resort and around Chetola Lake.
In an effort to keep you (and Santa) safe this year, Chetola Resort will offer visits with Santa and carriage rides to resort guests only on Friday, Nov. 27, and Saturday, Nov. 28. This represents a change from the large public gatherings and the traditions of past years. The resort made this change to keep the community safe during COVID-19 and to abide by Watauga County Health Department recommendations and safety practices.
On-site lodging is still available for Thanksgiving weekend and the holidays.
Free and Open to Everyone
Chetola Resort will open the free, drive-through light show to the public beginning Sunday night, November 29.
New this year: Nativity scene and additional light displays with music. Roll down your car window for a merry melody.
- Weeknights afford less traffic and wait times.
- The lights come on at dusk and end at 10 p.m.
- Expect to be greeted by friendly security pros at the entry gate. They will take temperatures of everyone in the car and update you on mask requirements.
- Call (828) 295-5500 for questions.
- Timberlake’s Restaurant is open to “cruisers” with socially distanced seating from 12 p.m. to 9 p.m. daily; reservations are strongly recommended.
- Set your GPS for 185 Chetola Lake Drive, Blowing Rock, NC 28605 if you are coming from out of town.
- Visitors can also park and walk around the lake.
For more information, visit chetola.com or call 800-243-8652.